Monday, August 2, 2010

An Interview with Tanvi!

My very first Blogger interview! I wanted to interview the lovely Tanvi from The Fabulous Life of Not-So-Rich and Infamous! She's a lovely lady with a wonderful blog about food, fitness, films, fashion, family, friends and f-ilosophy!

Tanvi lives in Texas, and has a wonderfully adorable husband (she tells the cutest stories about him!). She's been such a fantastic supporter of my blog, that I decided she had to be the first person that I interview here! She always leaves me lovely comments! When I asked her if she wanted to do an interview with me, she was super enthusiastic, and I'm really glad she agreed to do it, because I feel like I've gotten to know some really interesting things about her from it!

Tanvi's blog is really fun! She posts lots of photos of her outfits (she has a great sense of style!), but she also writes about all kinds of things that are going on in her life! It makes her blog really interesting to read, so please check it out!

Here's the interview I did with her:


1. When did you know that you wanted to start blogging and why?


I started blogging in 2009 January, as a form of hobby. It has been a great creative outlet and a medium to share my thought and controversial views. The best part is that you never know who your audience is and also that no one ever interrupts yours thoughts.




2. Is there anything you try to keep in mind when you are writing your blog posts?

I always try to be honest and true to myself. I also re-read by posts several times to make sure they do not make me sound ’cynical’ or offend anyone.




3. Name 2 (or more) songs that would be on the soundtrack of your life, and why they are important to you.

-First would be "I believe I can fly" by R. Kelly. It actually makes me feel I can fly and that anything is possible. It has a ‘real’ positive vibe to it.

-Second one is "Ain't no Mountain High Enough" by Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell. It’s my favorite not-too-mushy-romantic-song. You can sing it or dance to it. It’s great either way!

-Last one is "I Like to Move It ... Move It" from Madagascar OST. I am home alone all day and there is never a dull moment. It can instantly pick my spirits up.

This isn't Tanvi's little girl, she's just borrowing her for a cute photo-op!



4. If you were paranoid enough to build a self-contained bomb shelter underneath your house that you may have to lock yourself into for 10 years (once it’s locked, there’s no coming out), what would you stock it with first? (Let’s assume you have unlimited space and money.)

-Firstly, I would make sure my husband is there along with me. He is the best entertainment I have got!

-Then I would collect DVD of all the movies possible from all around the world along with a TV/LCD of course.

-I would also take my gym equipment - a treadmill, a few weights, yoga mat etc.

-I will download all the music possible on my iPod

-I will probably buy-out the whole Barnes & Nobles [books] and take with me too

-I will have to do some research on what food items are imperishable but something tells me I will be real skinny and fit if I lived in a bomb shelter ‘coz I only eat unhealthy when I eat out! :o)
So we have got husband, movies, workout stuff, music, books, and food. That doesn’t seem bad at all. That’s exactly how I am leading my life right now too.




5. If you could have any superpower imaginable, what would you choose?

Ability to travel from one place to another with a ‘blink-of-an-eye’, literally! I would save on airfare and be able to fulfill my life’s only goal - Visit every single country on this planet!




6. If you had an unlimited budget for one new item in your wardrobe (shoes, bags and accessories count too), what would you buy?

If I had unlimited budget I would make a replica of this necklace below, which Aishwarya Rai wore in a Hindi movie - Jodha Akbar. Isn’t it simply gorgeous and royal?




7. What has been your biggest surprise about blogging?

My biggest surprise has been to discover how supportive and encouraging women are towards each other. Nobody knows each other, neither have met or are even aware of any personal details [other than what the bloggers disclose], yet there is an instant connection and camaraderie. It has been a revelation.




8. What do you see in the future for you blog?

I have not planned any ‘future’ for my blog yet. It’s all happening on it’s own pace.
I do hope to connect and may be make friends with many more people all across the globe.




So there you have it! Thanks so much to Tanvi for being such a great sport! (She gave me completely free reign for writing the intro and choosing the photos! She said she would rather be surprised and see it when everyone else does than to proof read it!) This was really fun, so I think I'll definitely have to do another blogger interview in the future!

10 comments:

Tanvi said...

Thank You Charlotte. That was really sweet. I enjoyed doing it, 'coz your questions made me think of stuff I hadn't given a single thought to!

P.S. And now in return you have to loan me your earring collection :P Haha

Anita... said...

Hii Charlotte!!!

As one of Tanvi's friends and followers, I have to say: this is a really nice interview. I enjoyed the questions on the shelter and shopping decisions- questions that actually make you mental map what you can/cannot do with or without.

Sweet post! Nice choice of pictures :-)

Deeps!! said...

nice post..n I have been reading Tanvi for some time now.. and so inspired by her..

sheeba said...

Hi Charlotte!
I came to ur blog to read tanvi's interview... i mus say that u had nice and intresting ques for tanvi.. i enjoyed the interview completely... and i think interviews once in a while makes the blog more intresting....
sheeba

Nandini said...

Well written and spoken!! :-)

Leia said...

I love Tanvi's blog! And I really enjoyed this interview :)

Leia

maggie said...

Great going gurl!!!even though im not regular at posting comments but i do end up reading them all and enjoying them too :-))
really enjoyed this one!!especially the bomb shelter part which actually rotates your mind but it looked so simple in your case!!As always!!!way to go!!gudluck!!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

What a wonderful interview! I love Tanvi and I'm also happy to be introduced to you and your blog :)

Sovina said...

tanvi is my fav blogger to..i love the kind of questions you have asked...they are not boring regular ones and are so much fun to read :)

kanika said...

hey nice interview..!!!
even i have been following Tanvi...shez really really.............INSPIRING....I hav got bk 2 my fitness regimen...n ol d credit goes to Tanvi..............

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails